Here in Scoil Chliíodhna Community National School we strive to deliver future-focused, 21st Century Education. We focus on preparing each child for their life beyond school, this means providing the children with the necessary skills for the modern world we live in.
The 6C’s of 21st Century Teaching and Learning are fostered throughout our daily teaching and are a central focus in providing valuable learning experiences for the children in our school.
- Character refers to qualities of the individual child and our commitment to helping them become responsible, caring, and contributing citizens while also encouraging them to persevere, be resilient, reliable and honest individuals.
- Citizenship refers to thinking like global citizens, and considering global issues. It is important for our children to be in touch with everything that surrounds him/her – both culture and community.
- Communication: Communication is a skill of presenting information in a clear, concise and meaningful way. Communication has various purposes; informing, instructing, motivating, and persuading and can be expressed in multiple ways such as digital, writing and speaking.
- Critical Thinking is problem solving and the ability to take information, construct meaningful knowledge and apply it in the real world to create solutions.
- Collaboration refers to the capacity to work both independently and in groups with strong interpersonal and team-related skills including decision making, learning from and contributing to the learning of others.
- Creativity: In the 21st century, we must be able to create something new or create something in a new way, being creative in utilising the knowledge we have already acquired. It does not just signify art, but also various solutions to a problem in real life situations.
sourced from: https://skooler.com/the-6-cs-